Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Without my usual access to new music, I'm resorting to new music magazines. Case in point, the premiere issue of Scratch, which purports to cover "the science of hip hop." We'll see. At first glance, it looks good, but not extraordinary. Full review soon. At least, that's the plan. [Oh, and look who's an "editor-at-large."]

Made myself some new mixes for the first time in eons over the weekend, titled Roadtrippin' 2004.

Volume 1
01 50 Cent f/Snoop Dogg and Lloyd Banks, "P.I.M.P. (Remix)"
02 Aaron Hall, "Don't Be Afraid (from Juice)"
03 Puff Daddy f/Mase and the Notorious B.I.G., "Been Around the World"
04 Ol' Dirty Bastard, "Brooklyn Zoo"
05 Diana Ross, "My Old Piano"
06 Heatwave, "Groovline"
07 Cheryl Lynn, "Encore"
08 Groove Armada f/Sunshine Anderson, "Easy"
09 Earth, Wind & Fire, "Fantasy (Blaze Shelter DJ Mix)"
10 Chaka Khan, "What Cha' Gonna Do For Me"
11 Stardust, "Music Sounds Better With You (12" Mix)"
12 little minx, "03.08.03 audioblogger post"
13 Seal, "Fly Like An Eagle (from Space Jam)"
14 Steely Dan, "Time Out of Mind"
15 Jam & Lewis, "The New Style"
16 Jay-Z, "Regrets"
17 The Notorious B.I.G. f/Nas, K-Ci & JoJo, "Everyday Struggle (Remix)"

This volume should either be subtitled "rest your head on my tattooed chest" or "fuck around get sprayed with Lysol," I think. The best (and most natural) flow of all three volumes; I especially like the opening 1-4 hiphop punch ("Afraid" isn't hiphop, but it's of hiphop), and the ol' skool R&B/disco-ish block in the middle. Once I'm able again, I'll likely post the Steely Dan and Jam & Lewis tracks for download, 'cause you really fucking need to hear them. Volumes 2 and 3 to come later this week, along with - probably - my top 100 of the '70s (I can't carve the list down to just 70, alas). And then, the next such project? A new top 100 of all time, yup-yup.

And my other blogs aren't dead, I swear, just napping. Bought myself a new notebook the other night to do more longhand(-to-be-later-blogged) writing.

I hate it when people I dig quit blogging, don't you? *cranky face*

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?