Thursday, July 01, 2004

Roadtrippin' 2004, Volume 2
01 SWV, "Anything (Wu-Tang Remix)"
02 Inner City, "Good Life"
03 Herbie Hancock, "Rockit"
04 Underworld, "Born Slippy (Rick's 2003 Edit)"
05 Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five, "The Chicks I Pick Are Slender and Tender and Tall"
06 Ja Rule f/Bobby Brown, "Thug Lovin'"
07 U2, "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"
08 Unique 3, "The Theme"
09 Go Home Productions, "David X"
10 Vesta, "Don't Blow A Good Thing"
11 All Saints, "Pure Shores"
12 Usher f/Lil' Jon and Ludacris, "Yeah!"
13 AZ, "Sugar Hill"
14 Aretha Franklin, "Call Me"
15 The Smiths, "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"
16 Electric Six, "Gay Bar"
17 EBTG vs. Soul Vision, "Tracey In My Room"
18 Exposé, "Point of No Return"
19 Jadakiss f/Nate Dogg, "Time's Up!"

I miss S-Dub; "Anything" is a constant spray of sunshine. That segues much better than you might expect into Inner City (talk about sunshine) and Herbie. I bumped "Slippy" and Jordan against each other to see if I could get away with it, and did. "Thug Lovin'" is, inevitably, one of those records I'll spend the rest of my days defending; it's not about Ja, folks, it's about Bobby! [See these remarks of mine for more on Mr. Houston.] The GHP track should've gone where the ill-fitting U2 one did, but sometimes you don't figure these things out until the post-op. 11-16 is the centerpiece of this mix, I think, and works charmingly. I'm especially pleased with AZ-Aretha-Smiths, which actually works. "Tracey In My Room" and "Point of No Return" back-to-back is fine, too, actually, bringing the sunshine of Miami after the UK rain.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?