Wednesday, July 28, 2004

So, the noms for the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards are out, and just like a year ago, the year's best video is actually a leading contender - and up for Video of the Year. In '03, it was Johnny Cash's "Hurt," and this year it's Jay-Z's "99 Problems" (both directed by the brilliant Mark Romanek, which is not a coincidence). Of course, just like "Hurt" last year, I thoroughly expect "99 Problems" to be largely snubbed. Though - again, like 2003, when "Work It" took the moonman for Video of the Year - if "Hey Ya!" is crowned king of videos, I won't be too upset. I'll be upset, mind, but not too upset. It seems silly to criticize the noms, so I won't; I'll just point out that Prince - yes, Prince - is actually up for Best Male Video for "Musicology." Wacky.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?