Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The cold rock stuff:

My new "Alive: Body by Jamba" tee which the bf got for me. Not only is it tagless, but it's made of this new fabric which wicks sweat from your body, somewhat akin to the stuff Nike uses in much of their clothing, I believe.

The Sunday New York Times: the formerly-grey lady is still the best read on Sundays, period.

Opening up last week's New Yorker and discovering, accompanying Sasha's excellent piece on Dizzee Rascal and the Streets, a stunning Avedon portrait of the two men together. Wowza.

31 days.

The revelation that in Collateral that is - you expect me to say Jamie Foxx, don't you? But some of us have known he's got it in him for a while now (since Any Given Sunday, in fact). No, I'm referring to Jada Pinkett Smith, who save for Set It Off really hasn't made that many good films over her career. But not only is Collateral a brill piece of work, so is her performance in a small but pivotal role. And damned if she doesn't look gorgeous.

Alicia Keys's "If I Ain't Got You" is great. Making it a duet with Usher is, actually, even better. Good luck tracking it down - I've heard rumors it's on a European single - but it's well worth your time and expense.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?