Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Like Stebbins, I watch the Olympics in part for prurient reasons. The (male) gymnasts, divers, and water polo players (among others) are fucking hot, and show a lot of skin (or, in the case of the gymnasts, outlines of skin, if you catch my drift). So last night I flipped over to NBC's Olympic coverage at 11pm (EST), after another great hour of A&E's Airline, one of my favorite shows. And what I saw was stunning, nothing I'd ever seen. As you've likely all heard by now, the crowd let the judges know what they thought about the marks being given in men's high bar last night - for 10 minutes. It actually made for fairly exciting television (and for once I was glad I didn't already know the result), even with idiot rah-rah blowhard Al Trautwig mouthing off. [Memo to Al: we know you want the U.S. to win, but does that have to be to the exclusion of all other athletes?! And could you sound more like a "USA love it or leave it" moron?] Unfortunately, I've gotta work tonight, so I'll miss the finals of the men's 3M springboard. But trust that I'll be rooting for Canada's Alexandre Despatie - though I wouldn't mind if Russia's legendary Dmitri Sautin won, either.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?