Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Single file:

What is it about "Slow Motion" - the new #1 single in the country, natch - by Juvenile featuring Soulja Slim that's so seductive? I can't figure it out, unless it's the slinky groove. But I'm hooked.

Also hooking me in is that great Jadakiss track, "Why?," featuring Anthony Hamilton on the hook as 'Kiss asks some tough questions to a Havoc beat (yeah, that Havoc, from Mobb Deep, mawfuckas, recognize!).

Damn Kenny Chesney for making "Young, part 3," a/k/a his latest single, "I Go Back" (his second to reference "Jack and Diane," in case you're counting). It's not great, but it's awfully good - and makes for an awfully good sing-along.

I'm thrilled to finally have the great Remy Martin back, but am a little sorry it's vis-a-vis Terror Squad's so-so "Lean Back." And Fat Joe is an ignorant, fat fuck.

I hate to admit it, but Avril Lavigne's "My Happy Ending" is an excellent kiss-off song - better than JoJo's "Leave (Get Out)," even, which I also am loathe to admit is pretty solid.

Maroon5, have you met the Gin Blossoms?

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?