Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I'm on the jock of pretty much any record using marching band samples/beats/interpolations, which means I'm utterly on the jock of the Zone 4 remix of Mya's "Fallen," featuring Chingy (who I kinda-sorta like as a rapper, just not his records). You really should be, too.

Speaking of jock-riding, I've gotta give up props to Michael Daddino, whom I was more than pleased to host all of last week. He introduced me to a lot of new nuggets, including the J-Kwon and Mya tracks, a fab freestyle by Ludacris over the "Tipsy" beat, a great Kompakt mix (whose was it again?), and tons and tons of other stuff - plus I got my hands on his (in)famous 10-disc Generation Ecstasy CD-R set. And he's the only man I know, or could imagine knowing, who can rock both a pompadour and an Amish beard and pull it off. Holla! I never knew northern New England scenic drives could be so entertaining, really. [And trust, you have no idea how horrifying the Yankee Candle factory store in MA is unless you've been. Truly, delightfully horrorshow.]

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?