Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Speed round:

Damn, I've missed CMT. If I watch much more, that Toby Keith single's gonna end up in my '04 top 10, Shelly Fairchild's gonna challenge Gretchen Wilson for rookie of the year, and I'm gonna start buying Keith Urban albums. His latest single, "Days Go By," just shows him, still, going from strength to strength. It's yet another buoyant-without-being-cloying uptempo live-your-life country rocker (or is that rockin' country?). Is Urban the best import from Australia since INXS? His Be Here album, which streets today in the U.S., has a shot at entering the album charts at #1, and you'd better belive I'm rooting for him.

Speaking of CMT, they've finally sold me on Mindy Smith, whose "Come to Jesus" single is one of the year's most haunting records. Might she be the new incarnation, this generation's version of an Emmylou Harris? It's a thought.

But wait, there's more: it just hit me why I'm so feelin' Trace Adkins's "Rough and Ready" - it's a Western swing record! I mean, Bob Wills damned near coulda cut this one.

My ethnic cuisine tour of L.A. continues, with Boba World on last weekend's agenda. Boba is, essentially, Asian tapioca, and is added to smoothies and is delicious and chewy. Had my first bowl of Vietnamese noodle soup (pho) there, too. Last night, the bf and I took in a late dinner in Koreatown at Tofu House. Let me tell you, Soon Tofu is the way to go; I was even diggin' the Kimchi. Yum. Who's up for Persian?

Wednesday night, four words: America's Next Top Model. Holla!

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?