Wednesday, September 15, 2004

"You go to L.A. on a dare and you go it alone."
- Steely Dan, "Kid Charlemagne" (The Royal Scam, ABC 1976)

Except that I didn't go on a dare, and I'm not alone. I have, however, up and moved to the entertainment capital of the world, Los Angeles, for some sunny skies, lots of opportunity, killer food, and love. I've been here nearly a week, and am so damned happy that I am. Southern California is showing lots of love as only it can, and the bf's doing so even more.

Here's something I wrote 08.21.04:

So I'm sitting on a bench in the center of Jaffrey Center, listening to Jane's Addiction's "Just Because" and thinking to myself how JA is really not New Hampshire music. Yeah, it's sunny out today, but that doesn't matter. It's too green here, too grassy, too not-sandy. Jane's has always brought to my mind surfing, in CA. Sunny beaches, bronzed bodies, sand in uncomfortable places. So I guess I'd better work on my tan and break out Ritual de lo Habitual, 'cause California, here I come.

"It's! Not! A! Game!" - DMX, "X Gon' Give It 2 Ya" (
Cradle 2 the Grave Original Soundtrack, Def Jam 2003)

I'm doing this for real; I'm not fucking around. NH, I can now admit, was kind of a half-assed move. I don't regret it, mind, but it might as well have involved throwing darts at a map. This is another beast (or more accurately, beauty) entirely.


I didn't move only for love, but it was certainly a major factor, and I don't regret it one iota. I'm crazy about my man, absolutely head-over-heels I-don't-even-wanna-look-at-anyone-else. Which anyone who knows me well knows is, frankly, fairly unprecedented.

Fuck, I'm happy. Any L.A. bloggers wanna meet? Holla. In the meantime, I'll keep jobhunting, and get back to writing (and posting) on a regular basis. I'm back, y'all.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?