Sunday, October 31, 2004

Sigh. I was having sweet dreams of roses a mere three weeks ago, when my Boilers were 5-0 and ranked 5th in the nation. Living within relative spitting distance of Pasadena made it all the better. But 21 days can change a lot. Now, Purdue's football team is 5-3 and deservedly fell out of the coaches poll today after their 3rd consecutive loss. We'll still go bowling, but Boiler fans are now left to dream of the season that could've been - and so is former Heisman hopeful QB Kyle Orton.

Frankly, this is the second weekend in a row that my teams have been losers, since my Colts fell again today, going down 45-35 to the Chiefs in an offensive shootout. And as if that weren't enough, it looks like far too many Pacers will be starting the season on the injured list. Oy. Thank goodness men's college basketball is about to start, to take my mind off of all of these sports dilemmas.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?