Thursday, May 12, 2005

Oh, good Lord, have you heard the disaster that is the new System of a Down single, "B.Y.O.B."? Apparently, it stands for "bring your own barfbag" - or at least it should. I hated thrash metal in the '80s (that's why it took me a good while to appreciate, say, Metallica), and that hasn't changed. And then they trainwreck the song into this bizarre power-pop chorus, like they crash-landed on Planet Cheap Trick; that doesn't work, either. Any hopes I had for their forthcoming pair of albums have been severely dashed.

Comments:
Via email from my friend Ben:

While I'll be the first to admit I don't like "BYOB" that much (it isn't as good as any of the singles from SoaD's debut), the rest of Mesmerize proves System of a Down isn't just a "thrash" band. Don't give up on
them yet.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?