Thursday, November 17, 2005

Apparently, we're looking for new writers at Stylus. When I joined the team, however, Todd didn't ask me the "decades" question, so I'll take the opportunity to answer it now. [Artists are listed in random order; those in parentheses came close to making the top 5.]

'60s:
Supremes
Velvet Underground
James Brown
George Jones
Patsy Cline
(Aretha Franklin, Tammy Wynette)

'70s:
Parliament-Funkadelic
Aretha Franklin
George Jones
Tammy Wynette
Chic
(Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Miles Davis)

'80s:
Prince
Pet Shop Boys
Jimmy "Jam" Harris & Terry Lewis
The Smiths/Morrissey
Madonna
(Hall & Oates, Cocteau Twins, Sonic Youth, George Strait, Public Enemy, R.E.M., Pat Metheny Group)

'90s:
Sonic Youth
Madonna
Notorious B.I.G.
Masters at Work/Nuyorican Soul
nine inch nails
(Garth Brooks, Jay-Z, Morrissey, Suede, Aaliyah)

'00s:
Basement Jaxx
Alison Krauss + Union Station
Neptunes
DJ/rupture
OutKast
(Daft Punk, Richard X/Girls on Top)

I might discuss these choices more in-depth later. Or I might not.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?