Friday, November 04, 2005


Michaelangelo Matos is one of my favorite writers around, period, and I'm not just saying that 'cause he's occasionally my editor. His book on Sign 'O' the Times is one of my favorite music books, ever, and his blog (and for that matter, his posts on ILM) manages to be informative and educational without ever being dry - rich, meaty writing. (That's not even mentioning his work writing for and editing the Music section of Seattle Weekly.) My favorite recent piece of Matos' is this review of the SOTT film: short and sharp, if not shock.

Comments:
is this not on DVD?!
 
I've got it on 15-year old vhs tape from an HBO airing. I wonder if it still plays.
 
Unbelievably, it's his only film not on DVD at this point. They remastered friggin' Under the Cherry Moon and Graffiti Bridge, but not this. Go figure.
 
You can actually find the DVD on import--I've seen it reasonably priced.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?