Wednesday, February 08, 2006

As much as I hate to say it, that new Pink single, "Stupid Girls," is pretty good. In spite of its guitar, it sounds like a return to her more R&B-influenced pop sound of years gone by. And though I know nothing about her besides that she's a UK phenom (and seems to annoy lots of people), I like K.T. Tunstall's "Black Horse & the Cherry Tree" fine, too. Neither song, however, is as good as Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take the Wheel," which seems to just get better and more resonant with each spin. (She'd damned well better be up for the Best New Artist Grammy next year, like Fantasia should be this year...)

Oh yeah, you know I'll be watching the Grammys tonight. How could I not? Haven't decided yet if I'll blog 'em in realtime like I did last year.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?