Thursday, June 08, 2006


Grey, drizzly day in downtown Los Angeles, working at a financial firm (yes, folks, I've gone corporate), nothing brightens the day like the unexpected appearance of the B-52's "Theme for a Nude Beach" on my Launchcast (yes, I'm a big enough dork to still have one, let alone still augment and listen to it). I've got to disagree with STE - Bouncing Off the Satellites has always been my favorite B's album, full of a sad kind of happiness, smiling to keep from crying (over the death of Ricky Wilson, in their case). Songs like "Nude Beach" and "The Girl from Ipanema Goes to Greenland" are much more inspired than they have any right to be.

Comments:
Just what I needed to read, dear; my local used-record joint had this real cheap, naturally.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?