Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I haven't done one of these in years, but I liked the look of this one. Taken from Seamus McStebbins (glad to see you writing again, stud).

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? It's too fucking early.

2. How much cash do you have on you? $28, only because I remembered to grab a 20-dollar bill as I was leaving this a.m.

3. What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR?" Floor.

4. Favorite planet? What?

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? My baby sister.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? It's not a ringtone per sé, but the ring that tells me my partner's calling.

7. What shirt are you wearing? A cranberry long-sleeved oxford by Claiborne. (I'm at work, yo.)

8. Do you "label" yourself? You mean like as a bear? And a music geek?

9. Name the brand of the shoes you're currently wearing? Florsheim. (See 7.)

10. Bright or dark room? For what?

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you. He's still hot.

12. What does your watch look like? Silver, with a light-and-dark blue face. It's a Fossil.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "More on 'Take it away' tomorrow; or check yr massive account." (From him, no points for guessing.)

Here's the rest of the exchange, via email:

Inskeep: Can we talk about how ABSURDLY GORGEOUS this Macca song is, please? The horn charts, the harmonies, the ridiculous layered vocals, the whole TONE of it.

Soto: The FIRST FIFTEEN SECONDS are utter genius: the pseudo-reggae pattern of the drums, Macca's bass almost singing its eloquence, the CHORUS....that's where I say, "Enough," and proclaim him as the supreme melodist of the rock era. And it encapsulates his appeal so well: the song is utter nonsense, and it works!

Sure enough, I picked up a used copy of Wingspan this weekend. This after hearing "Goodnight Tonight" while furniture shopping, and receiving a 1983 issue of Billboard which I purchased via eBay, in which the Hot 100 was topped by Macca and Jacko's "Say Say Say" (more on which, whaddaya know and I swear we're not butt-buddies, here).

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? To where I am right now? No clue. From home, there's one about 10-12 blocks away.

16. What's a word that you say a lot? Fuck.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My partner, sleepily, as I left for work.

18. Last furry thing you touched? A stuffed bunny at home.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Only alcohol, which I don't think is actually a drug.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? There's a half-finished roll (from September!) in a disposable camera we need to finish and take in.

21. Favorite age you have been so far? What a dumb question.

22. Your worst enemy? Myself.

23. What is your current desktop picture? At work, nothing (not allowed). At home, a snowy winter scene.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Do you have anything for me?"

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? $1,000,000.

26. Do you like someone? What is this, seventh grade?

27. The last song you listened to? Fountains of Wayne's "Stacy's Mom," courtesy of my Launchcast. Still a perfect little power-pop nugget, and I'm not known for loving power-pop, y'know?

28. What time of day were you born? 6:10am.

29. What's your favorite number? See 26, above.

30. Where did you live in 1987? North Manchester, Indiana.

31. Are you jealous of anyone? Sometimes.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? How should I know?

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? At work in Norfolk, Virginia, freaking out as information trickled in because we were only 2 blocks from a Federal Building. Of course, our cunty superiors who were out of town didn't let us leave, even though every building surrounding ours evacuated.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Shrug and move on.

Where's 35?

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? On my hip, so it could be covered up anytime.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? French, because if I were fluent in French that'd mean I'd have my B.A.

38. Would you move for the person you loved? You bet - I've done it twice in this decade.

39. Are you touchy feely? Less so the older I get.

40. What's your life motto? Life's what you make it, as Talk Talk sang.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Cell phone, keys, wallet.

42. What's your favorite town/city? Los Angeles.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Lunch: a big salad and a Diet Coke.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? A letter, as opposed to a card? No idea; suffice it to say it's been years.

45. Can you change the oil on a car? Fuck no.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? I honestly don't remember. I tracked down what may be his address and phone number last year, but have never followed up.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? To jolly olde England.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? If by "fancy" you mean dressed up, right now: I'm at work, so today I'm wearing a cranberry dress shirt, a black necktie with silver, grey and red diagonal stripes, black slacks and black dress shoes.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? The tip of my tongue, which I somehow cut yesterday.

50. Have you been burned by love? Oh, honey, have I evah.

Comments:
Very cool...glad I found you again, too!
 
That's why I linked you, silly.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?