Friday, January 05, 2007

Wings - "Arrow Through Me" (Back to the Egg, Capitol 1979)



Soto: Check this out – it's Paul doing what sounds like Aja/Gaucho-era Steely Dan. Absolutely fascinating.

Inskeep: STE calls it "formulaic adult contemporary pap," but then he's never been much one for studio sheen the way we are.

Soto: So you liked it? I was pretty sure you would; the synth-bass and confident vocals are irresistable (he really is a great singer when he wants to be). I'm sufficiently curious to check Amazon for used copies of Back To The Egg.

Inskeep, to blog readers: What he said.

As an added bonus, here's the even better "Take It Way," from 1982's Tug of War. I didn't know until I read this that Sir George Martin produced it - and played keyboards! And those lush harmonies are via 10cc - really via 10cc! And I haven't even mentioned the horn charts. This is sumptuous, one of Macca's best.


Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?