Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl XLI in review

The best ad you probably missed, which I thought was a jaw-dropper:



Why couldn't CBS have run more of this, and less of Katie Couric's shiny happy people?

A very funny Snickers commercial:



(More endings here - I recommend "Love Boat.")

The BF & I also loved the CareerBuilder.com "Performance Evaluation" spot.

Then, of course, there was the halftime show, by far the best in YEARS. U2's post-9/11 show five years ago packed a hell of an emotional punch, but Prince's performance was, musically speaking, just stunning. To throw in "Baby I'm A Star" - like whoa. To do it with a friggin' marching band - sick! "All Along the Watchtower"? "The Best of You"? (How much was Dave Grohl loving that?!) It really throws by-the-book performances by McCartney and the Stones ("How 'bout we do 'Start Me Up' again?") into relief and makes them look as pathetic as they were. Prince is THE MAN. In 4 parts, the whole thing:









And I haven't even mentioned: my Colts are SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! I love the Colts, and I love Peyton Manning.



I can't believe I watched the whole thing!
(Oh, and I should add how much I love YouTube.)

Comments:
Dave & Oprah was my favorite of the night too!

Prince rocked it in an almost supernatural way. How good was "Purple Rain" IN THE RAIN?!!

Also, YAY COLTZ! I think Grossman was on the verge of bawling like a little girl in his post-game interview. Wahwah sucky crybaby.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?