Friday, August 17, 2007

Sheila E. - "The Glamorous Life" (The Glamorous Life, Warner Bros. 1984)


Sheila E - glamorous life
Uploaded by capitainfunkk


STILL. BRILLIANT.
Still one of my favorite singles EVER. (I called it #16 all-time in this post last November, but these days it's more like top 10.)
Still has one of my favorite lyrical phrases ever in "if-you-have-to-ask-you-can't-afford-it lingerie."
Still has one of my favorite lyrics ever in "Boys with small talk/and small minds/really don't impress me in bed."
Still features some of the finest percussion work in a top-10 pop single.
Still quite possibly the finest musical moment 1984 had to offer, its chief competition being her mentor's "I Would Die 4 U."
OMG I LOVE YOU SHEILA E.

Comments:
def agree. theres been some interesting house covers of it the past few years...
 
Check out the Fever's Richard Hell-like cover version. You won't be disappointed.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?