Thursday, April 10, 2008

B-52's - Funplex (Astralwerks 2008)

In brief:
-Like R.E.M. (see below, and I love that the debatably two most important bands to come out of GA in the late '70s/early '80s are both making semi-significant comebacks at the same time), they're re-energized. Though I suppose that's easier (though that's debatable too) when you've not cut an album in 16 years.
-Kate and Cindy sound as great as ever, and still complement each other (harmonically speaking) to a "T."
-Keith's Nile Rodgers-influenced guitar still scratches just the right spot.
-Most of their lyrics are still about parties, which is no problem.
-The problem, such as it is, is Fred, God love him. I just wish he wouldn't do so much, well, barking of his lyrics (cf. "LOVE! SHACK! BABY!"). I suppose he's a necessary foil for the luscious Kate-Cindy harmonies, but still.
-All in all, another successful return. Good solid Steve Osborne (really!) production, too. B

p.s. Soto, how many times must I tell you that you need Bouncing Off the Satellites for it to stick?

Comments:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
 
this place, rip.
 
Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?