Sunday, February 08, 2009

Liveblogging the Grammys part 4

10:28: I know the Grammys are "dress-down," but Sam Jackson, could you at least make a fucking effort to look decent?!

10:31: I guess that T.I. is so huge because he makes super-pop songs, but for the most part I just don't get him. He can do better, but insists on pandering. I guess the $$'s worth it.

10:41 Four Tops medley = yawn.

10:47 You know what? I really don't care what anyone thinks: I can't stand Neil Diamond. And "Sweet Caroline"? *barf*
And could he be more Vegas-y? What the fuck does Rick Rubin see in this hack?

Have I mentioned that Justice won a Grammy for their remix of MGMT's "Electric Feel"? That's pretty cool.

10:53: Wow, in the deathroll, they actually referred to Larry Norman as the "father of Christian rock." That's pretty cool, too.

10:54: Fucking John Mayer. Shut up and let the men play/sing. Fucking tool.

11:10: Fucking will.i.am. That said, WEEZY BABY! It should - but won't - be Album of the Year, but Rap Album is a nice consolation prize, and Tha Carter III deserves it.

11:19: YES. Alison Krauss looks like a siren, like a goddess, Robert Plant looks like the legend he is, and T-Bone Burnett plays guitar like a fever dream. Who ever could have fathomed that Raising Sand would become the semi-phenom it has? And ain't it grand?

11:23: The fact that Green Day get to hand out Album of the Year makes me sick. Yes, respect for their respect of Pansy Division, blah blah blah, but they still utterly suck and I hate them.

This is Krauss's second Album of the Year Grammy; she also got one as part of the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack - which is also where T-Bone's previous one comes from. Is theirs the most exciting album of the past year? No. But it's a damned fine one.

11:27: Bedtime.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?